Tuesday 18 January 2011

Edward Nolan and the Andalucia Star




I've received a request for information from a great grandchild of a surviving crew member of the Andalucia Star.


The Blue Star Line passenger and cargo ship was torpedoed and sunk by a German U-Boat off the West African coast on 6th October 1942.


The note says: "My great grandfather Edward Nolan survived the sinking. 
I've been trying to find more information about the sinking but with no success.
He was a fireman on the ship so was very lucky to survive.
If anyone has more info please let me know."

So, if any of you reading this posting can help Edward Nolan's great grandchild, please send any information you might have. I will endeavour to post it on this blog.

Thank you.


Photos: Paul Coleman


Paul Coleman, London, January 2011


No comments: